Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Recent Birth


Its been a busy month at A New Life Begins! 4 babies in the last month or so. Some only a few hours longs, some with powerful mommas laboring for days. 2 hospital births, 2 birth center births.

I did get to see something I hadn't seen before at a hospital birth. A mom and baby kept together after birth, as is the norm in a birth center. All the newborn care and vitals were done on the mom's chest. It was terrific. Even as I was preparing to leave the new family, baby was still on mom. That's not something you see often in a hospital. Way to go Countryside Mease!!

I also got to be at the side of a woman Ive known for over a decade give birth naturally to her 2nd child. All of my moms are special to me, but its a true honor to have someone you know for so long invite you into their birth space!

Enjoying some down time from births, for a few weeks at least till the next bundle of Joy comes along.

I will not be taking births in the month of December in order to fulfill other commitments and spend time with family. It will be back to the birth business as usual come Jan 1st!

No comments:

Post a Comment